Pages

Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards.

Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards. Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards. Artist Trading Cards, Artist TradingCards.



Monday 30 November 2009

December Challenge from Sue Roddis

Another Month just about over and here we are again with a fab new theme chosen by our truely talented, UK, December, Artist Trading Card Designer Sue Roddis.

Would you just feast your eyes on her 5 stunning ATC's she has created for our December Swap

I have seen and touched these in real life and these pics do not do them justice they truley are gorgeous.

If you would love to be in with a chance of adding one of Sue's ATC's to your collection then why not join us for this months swap.

What do I have to do I here you ask....well.... it's easy, just like Sue create 5 ATC's on the theme... ' A WINTERS DAY ' ....Keep 1 for your own collection and and then send the remainder into me to be swapped.











Sues Bio

I am a self taught mixed media/altered art/rubber stamping papercrafter!
I started out as an embroiderer taking a City & Guilds qualification but discovered working with paper and soon moved over!
I like to mix and match media in my work so you will still see the fabric/haberdashery influences in some of what I do.

I have been fortunate enough to have my work published over the years in several UK mags particularly Craft Stamper; Somerset Studio and other Stampington publications in the States and in Art Specially mag in Holland and I have recently had my first book published.....
Decorative Handmade Books......by Search Press.

I have Sue's book on my Christmas list.... hope that Santa is reading this...lol.... or my Kids...lol.
Please DO pay Sue a visit you can check out her creative blog over HERE
Now I would recommend that you get yourself a cupa and a packet of chocolate biscuits 'cos you could be there sometime.
Sues Blog title is from the famous Lewis Caroll

JABBERWOCKY
Lewis Carroll(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought.
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Thank you sooooo very much Sue for sharing your time and wonderful talent with us.
luv Chriss x

11 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

thank you Sue for taking on our challenge

chriss x

Sue said...

Thanks for asking me to be guest designer Chriss. I am looking forward to receiving my swapped ATCs.
Sue

Crafting Queen said...

Wow stunning ATCs. Will try and play. Have a nice day. Anesha

Sarah Anderson said...

Thanks for the invite to play Chriss!! I'll do my best to play. I too have seen these cards in the flesh and they're just gorgeous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Sue is a fave of mine! Brilliant theme and fabulous ATC's!

Karen said...

oooo I love your ATC's Sue...brilliant colour combo's & they look very tactile X

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Very nice ATCs!!

Unknown said...

Well it's been a long time coming but I am finally getting back into the crafting scene again and this swap is just the thing to kick start my butt with a bump. What is the deadline for getting the ATCs in to you for swapping please Chriss?
I love seeing Sue's work, not been lucky enough to see any IRL so far, but love her work in Craft Stamper, which is my monthly treat ;)
Jx

Chris said...

Wow what beautiful atc's. Hope I manage to get mine done in time for this months swap.... ooooer need to stop doodling and get some real crafting done..lol
hugs
Chris xx

Anonymous said...

I've got mine done and will posting them tomorrow ;)

I'm also a fan of Sue and these ATCs are stunning.

Thank you for letting me join :)

Terri said...

Chriss, thank you for reminding me to get over here! You have some seriously fab ATCs! I love these from Sue!
Oh, I wish I had some extra time....maybe I could manage 5 ATCs....I so want to try!
Thank you also for your very kind words about my blog and art : )